Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Fun and Halloween!

We went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins, which we didn't get around to carving......yet. We still plan to, but since Van's out of town being sciency, we'll get there in a little while. Maybe we'll do thanksgiving pumpkin carving :) Here's a smile out of little Daphne, which is rare to get for a picture, not otherwise. She had a lot of fun tooling around and checking out the animals whose noises she can now imitate. All of the stuff on the farm was free, besides the pumpkins of course, and it was a lovely fall day. I even pulled over several times on the way home to snag leaves from some spectacular trees of some of the exits. I love collecting the leaves, pressing them and then doing a collage on my table like my mom used to do. Unfortunately, with early snows this year, the leaves are suffering, so we'll see if I have enough for a decent table.For Halloween I was debating between all sorts of things for Daphne to be. I had about 5 different ideas of family costumes for us and was struggling to get myself together and go get materials, when I stumbled across these cute Carters toddler costumes at Costco for $13. It was more than worth it to me since they were so cute and cheap---saving me a lot of time and likely money too. I would be hard to make a costume for that cheap! So she was our cow and we were a cowboy and cowgirl. She made the cutest cow! Here are a few pictures from a Halloween party with friends and our ward trunk or treat. She LOVED collecting candy, but was so confused that she just had to keep walking around and collecting the candy and not eating it. All she wanted to do was eat everything people gave her :) She was a lot of fun and would make her cow noise every once in a while, which ended up sounding a little more like "booooooo" than "moooo" She loved wearing her costume, which I surprised about--didn't mind the hood at all. We love our little cow.


3 comments:

  1. Love the costumes....and Van's jeans tucked into his boots...a completely non-cowboy thing to do, just so you know....but most importantly, I love the Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys looked great! I agree Daphne is the cutest cow! Hope you get around to carving those pumpkins...we didn't get our done either. It must have been because we didn't have you guys to carve with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Great costume idea! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete