Wednesday, November 10, 2010

3 Years of Bliss

So, this is from a while ago, but I wanted to make sure that I posted pictures of Daphne with her great-grandparents on our quick Utah visit back in September. Van is asked to go annually back to BYU to recruit students for CU, so we always make a fun trip out of it. We spent a day at the family cabin to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, and stopped to let Daphne meet great-grandma Gilda, and great-grandma and grandpa Barbara and Dick.

We had dinner at a great restaurant in Kamas, near the cabin to celebrate our anniversary. While at the cabin we heard some strange bellowing noise that I figured must be some large animal. We had just been discussing going to Estes Park to see the Elk, when we heard it, so that's what I thought it might be. I wandered outside with the camera and found two amorous moose nuzzling one another. They were in the brush, so the pictures didn't turn out great, but we got some great views of them. We went for a short hike near the reservoir to see the fall colors the next morning, before heading down to Provo for recruiting. My favorite of the family photos is blurry, but still cute. All in all, it was a quick, but great trip to see family and celebrate our 3 years together!


At our Anniversary Dinner in Kamas
Cute Daphne! :)

Amorous Moose in the brush


Visiting Grandma Gilda
Sitting with Great-Grandpa Dick
Great-grandma Barbara


1 comment: