Wednesday, November 10, 2010

4 Months Already???

Daphne is now 4 months and a little bit old. She weighed in at 14 lbs. 3 oz (60% percentile) at her last check-up and 25 1/2 inches long (90th percentile). She is long and thin. The doctor was pleased with her progress and commented especially on how well she stands and uses her hands. He asked how eating was going, and I told him that she always seems as though she wants more. He recommended starting solids, since she sits so well and seems eager to put anything in her mouth that comes near it. I'd been hesitant, since almost every website says that the American Academy of Pediatrics says to breastfeed solely until 6 months. I went to the website for the American Academy of Pediatrics, and it recommends introducing solid foods when a baby can it up well when supported and shows interest in food. So.....




we gave it a try! She sure did love the extra food. No faces, no nonsense--she ate like a champ! :) She's had cereal, bananas and peas. The peas did get a sweet reaction out of her and I wasn't sure if it was due to texture or flavor. Unfortunately she had them when daddy wasn't home to document her disgust. I was surprised when she kept opening her mouth, so I continued to let her try them. She stopped opening after a little while--I figure it may be an acquired taste.
She enjoyed chewing on her bib almost as much as she enjoyed eating her food!


She's a sweet girl and progressing so well. We're working on helping her to consolidate daytime naps so that we can actually go places. She had been taking 4 naps a day and had an hour awake, hour asleep pattern going on that I wasn't loving, so we're stretching her awake time a little and her naps are getting longer! :) Nighttime is still a little bit of a struggle, but we're getting there--usually only 1-2 wake-up's a night. We love her sweet, mild-mannered personality and are having fun getting to know her. She saves her giggles, but when she lets them out, they're adorable. We can't believe that she's only been part of a our family for the past 4 months--it seems so much longer.....and so much shorter at the same time. Time is flying by. We can't imagine our family without our sweet little Daphne.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job with the solids. I can't believe how big Daphne is! Time flies. She has now officially caught up with 14-month-old Jenna who is also 14 something pounds and about 26 inches long. It would be cute to see them next to each other. =)

    ReplyDelete