





So, maybe next year we'll coordinate our costumes---they still turned out pretty cute this year. Aunt Jennie, along with sending all the cute headbands, sent an idea for Daphne's Halloween costume. A strawberry top. I looked and looked for a red, long-sleeved onesie and couldn't find one at ANY stores in her size. I guess maybe closer to Christmas? Anyway, she sent some extra felt to add leaves to the neck that I used to make the seeds with as well. A friend had a 12 mo size onesie, so I decided that she would be a much cuter strawberry with stuffing! :) The costume came together very easily and turned out adorable. Her little top was flying around in the wind, but we got it to sit down for a couple of pictures at least.
We also tried our hands at doing pumpkin carving a little more complicated than we've previously done. We used all sorts of fun tools and I looked at a Martha Stewart template (we have a broken printer or I would've printed it off) to make my owl. Van's pumpkin didn't quite turn out like he had planned. It was supposed to be a "shrimple". For any of you that may have the nerdy, board-gamer lingo down, that's a "meeple" (according to boardgame geek.com, which Van is a member of and visits daily, the definition of a meeple thus: a meeple must be a chunky 2D shape that has a humanoid form), that looks like a shrimp. Thus, it is a shrimple and is a figure used in one of our games. Did that make sense? I hope so. :) Anyway, the shrimple didn't turn out quite as planned, so it's a mad, flamey looking thing. We had fun, and that's all that matters! Happy Halloween!
Daphne looks adorable!
ReplyDeleteYay! Stuffed Daphne! Even more squeezable than she was before... I dig the owl an the shrimple.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute costume... and my husband is a board game geek too. Doug is into inventing games if you ever want to playtest.
ReplyDeleteEmily--Van added Doug as a fellow boardgame geek--so fun! I'm glad that we both have nerdy husbands :)
ReplyDelete