Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crafty Crafts

My brilliant friend Carlee posted a link to her adorable Jack-Rabbit Softie pattern, which I've loved since I first saw it and I was inspired to make one for Daphne. My friend Brittney paved the way making one first for our friend Hayley's new baby Kate. It's my first stuffed animal and I LOVE how it turned out. Granted, I have quite a few more puckers and imperfections than Carlee (no idea how she got those tiny feet perfectly round!), but it adds character, right? So, without further ado, here is Penelope bunny. Daphne LOVES her!

backside view--fluffy tail and all
Her ears are very pink



I also made Daphne's easter dress from a Simplicity pattern and it turned out better than I thought it might! It was also way easier than I had anticipated, especially when my good friend Beth helped me decipher the horrible directions. Seriously---they need to get some new pattern writers. They are awful! Anyway, with much help and encouragement, we got this (sorry about the poor photographizing--darn light!) :





Anyway--I'm keeping busy with my projects and dreaming up many more. The next attempt will be some shoes for Daphne to keep her little piggies safe on our slivery deck (she still has some in her toes that she won't let me touch) and a bib for a friend. Lots of sewing fun!



1 comment:

  1. Love mr. bunny! and that dress. precious, Katie! Just think -- she'll be able to keep it and put it on her daughter some day and say her mama made it!

    ReplyDelete