Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ketch-up

So, I have some major catching up to do--get it...ketch-up! Ha! I'm feeling so witty. So, wayyyy back in June and July, over Daphne's 1st birthday actually, we visited the Willis clan in UT for a family reunion. We had a wonderful week and a half long trip that included some fun time at grandma and grandpas, a trip up to Bear Lake, ID to stay in a gorgeous cabin, Daphne's birthday, first steps, and our first samples of Grandpa Corey's frozen custard (as well as decorating and putting together the store at which he sells it!). I posted about Daphne's birthday, so I'll focus on
the rest of the trip.

Van's dad Corey recently opened Galaxy Frozen Custard in Centerville, UT, and boy is it yummy! I was one of the lucky ones that got to go with Corey and Lisa to IKEA to help pick out the furniture and get several things ready for the opening of the store. It was fun to be a part of the putting together of the business, though I didn't really do very much. Corey is a genius--he came up with the idea all on his own (it's not a franchise) and I think it's adorable. Here are some pictures of the family (mostly grandkids) putting in their orders for one of the first batches of custard to come through the machine. I'm pretty sure the verdict was unanimous that it was super YUMMY!







We also spent several days up at a gorgeous cabin in Bear Lake. It was HUGE and really nice--enough space for all of the families to be *mostly* comfortably slept and everything. It was perfect! Unfortunately (I don't know why) we didn't snap any pictures of the cabin or the view from it. We went to some caves on Daphne's birthday and hiked through with a tour guide. It was really fun and Daphne did pretty good considering it was in the middle of her nap time and the tour was quite long. It was her birthday activity and then we went back to the cabin in the evening for Cafe Rio salads and cake. Unfortunately something brought on a migraine for me, so I had to go lay down for a while during dinner so I wouldn't be MIA during presents and cake for Daphne's 1st birthday! Here are some of the cave pictures:

This area was called the treasure chest since the formations made by the water look like coins.


This was the one day we chose to go down to the lake and BOY was it WINDY! Needless to say, we didn't venture into the water too far--except for Aunt Leia--she was adventuresome and went further out than the rest of us.

Daphne getting blown away!
It was a wonderful trip and we're so glad we got to see everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment