Tuesday, June 21, 2011

East Coast Visit

So, I find that my postings come in fits and spurts--likely right after I've been going through pictures. I wish I were more consistent, but alas, I'm content with just getting them on here, so fits and spurts it will be. Back in march (yes march) I went back east for a visit to see old neighbors and friends, introduce Daphne to my brother Ben, and visit with Jennie in PA. It was a super speedy trip and I wish I would've had longer in each place, but I loved every minute of it! I only wish Van could've joined us.

Jennie and I stayed with my cousin Joe and his wife Jennie and their adorable girls. I don't have a group picture, but it was so fun to see them and stay with them and so generous of them to sacrifice their peace and their space to having all of us come and stay with them. We spent a day with Ben going to some of my favorite food places and enjoying time together. I failed to mention that the visit was a surprise for him, so when we went to pick him up at the hospital he did a double take when he came out and saw us. He was really excited and Daphne had a lot of fun meeting her uncle Ben for the first time! :)

We also got to visit some long time friends and neighbors the Arneys and Karen DeGraziano. It felt like coming home to see them. It was strange to not be able to just walk into our house between their two homes and have everything be as it used to be. A little sobering and sad, but overall so fun to see them and catch up after so long. We also had the chance to have brunch with other close family friends the Wickendens. It was wonderful to see everyone.

A highlight for me was getting together with some of my closest friends from high school and my high school choir teacher Mrs. Adkins. We were a very tight knit group and although we hadn't seen one another or really spoken for several years, it felt like we'd never been apart. My good friend Chris Beall opened up his home to us to have a some food and visit and it was sad to see the evening end. I wish we could have visited for several days. It was fun to see everyone at such different stages in life now--it's been 10 years. There are several spouses, children, new jobs, etc...and it was so neat to catch up. Hopefully it won't be another 10 years before we can get together again like that :)

from left to right: Chis Beall, Peter Park, Michelle Jacobeen (Marucci), Me and Daphne, Josh Shipp, Sandy Adkins, and Jessica Alston (Grabau) and little Elijah and Eva down at the bottom :)
not quite ready to have the picture taken
Our last stop was PA to spend some time with Scotty, James and Aunt Jennie. We had a blast just hanging out at Jennie's house and doing some fun thrift store shopping, eating yummy food, planing fun projects and getting excited to welcome her new additions in August/Sept. Daphne loved playing with her cousins and getting lots of attention :) It was so much fun to see everyone---I wish it were closer and easier to visit.

Thanks to aunt Jennie for doing so much driving and letting us stay at her place! We had a wonderful visit!


1 comment:

  1. ANYTIME, Katie! The pleasure was all ours! How could we not love having you and the cutest ever baby on the planet come see us? I'll be a lot less footloose and fancy free here shortly, but that won't be permanent (right? I hope?!). Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete