Winston
Audrey
Some great friends of ours recently posted on facebook that they were needing to find new homes for their kitties since a new housing and work situation proved a little too stressful for both owner and kitties. I have been longing for pets. I know, I know, I shouldn't really feel a need for more work to do with Daphne here, but I LOVE animals and have been wanting one for quite some time now. We had a cat and two dogs growing up and I've always wanted a small farmyard with chickens, goats, and maybe a pig or two. Van on the other hand, not so much. He likes animals, but is a little more practical about the amount of time, money, effort and energy that go into caring for them than I am. I just want them :) He also prefers cats, since growing up there were never less than 2 kitties running around his home.Anyway, long story short, I told him it would be the ideal way to begin pet ownership (free kitties, already trained, don't have the establishment costs with gear, etc..., and we'd help out our friends as well). After a very surprisingly little bit of coaxing, it was decided and we went to meet our new kitties. I know that most people either love or hate cats. I for one, love them. Our cat growing up was my cat. She slept on my bed, came and kept me company when I was sad and purred like crazy. Yes, they're difficult to train, do everything on their terms, meow during the night and wake me up and leave their fluff all over my house and furniture, but they're also great company when Van's away, their purring is one of the most calming things around, and they're really entertaining to watch when chasing moths. These two kitties are particularly sweet and we're loving having them in our home. Daphne especially loves to chase her kitties and gets excited whenever she sees them, exclaiming "ooooo, tiyy". She also says her version of their names quite often. Welcome Winston and Audrey!......now if I could just get Van convinced about chickens and bees, we'd really be in business! :)
Good job, this post almost made me want a kitty....almost. They're really pretty. Just FYI, the start up cost for bees is horrendous, I looked into it.
ReplyDelete