Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas & Crafties

So, we've always been poor photographers at the holidays, so this post will be photo poor. We got to spend 2 whole weeks in Utah with family for the holidays. It was a wonderfully long trip and we had a chance to see lots of good friends, eat lots of good food and visit many of our family members. It was a great trip! Daphne did really well with all the travels, but we all managed to get bugs and Daphne managed to come down with her first ear infection before we traveled home. Thankfully, the plane trip was uneventful and didn't seem to bother her too much.

I decided mid-december to make some fun Christmas crafts for Jennie and her family which ended up getting there post Christmas since I was just a little overwhelmed by projects (mostly the kitchen for Daphne). We had their family for Christmas so we had fun coming up with little things for each of them. I made some homemade earrings and the scarf below for Jennie and the elephant softies for the twins. They were super easy, so I made Daphne one as well. I also think they're pretty darn cute. The tutorial I found online was very easy to follow with a nice free printable pattern.
Daphne was far more excited about presents this year and got lots of fun stuff--mostly stuff to fill her kitchen with :)
She has a new shoe obsession and was found sporting these lovelies at grandmas house
Scarf I made based on a pinterest pin I found. Lovely soft knit that you stretch as you zigzag stitch the edges to get a ruffle. Very easy and very cute.
Parade of Elephants

I've already sent out the Christmas rotation for next year since I love doing homemade gifts with the goal that I'll get started WAY before December and save some stress! :) and also get the gifts there in time for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. everything was so worth the wait - thank you thank you !! we feel super loved

    ReplyDelete