Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pasta Perfection


Several Months ago my friend Beth brought over a pasta roller/cutter that she'd snagged for me from her grandmothers basement. Since I don't have a grandmothers basement to pillage, I was very grateful for the find. The thing is, that although I'm a foodie and all about making my own "everything" from scratch, pasta, like some pastries, was one of those things that I thought I would never really have the patience or skill to attempt. So, the roller sat on my shelf for a while until I saw THIS. Both her tutorial and her video made it seem so easy! I also really enjoyed the music that was playing while she made the pasta in the video--made it look that much more fun and easy.
Now, Van was doubtful. He reminded me of all those home remodeling videos that make it look "easy" and "fun" and how not easy and fun it can end up being. I however, was undaunted and even went in search of the fancy shmancy super expensive flour she recommends using. I found it for a kings ransom and got to work making this dish. It was DELICIOUS! and it was EASY! I will admit it was a bit time consuming, but the dough was lovely to work with and I have to say that I had so. much. fun! I called both my sister and my aunt in the process to gush about how much fun I was having. It was really so much better than the store bought stuff and really for the price of the flour, I was able to make as much pasta as I could've bought high quality pasta for. I made spinach and regular fetuccini and will definitely be making it again. Thank you Beth for helping me find a new talent and a new love!



1 comment:

  1. Homemade pasta is the very best! How fun! Wish I could come over and make it with you!

    ReplyDelete