Monday, January 16, 2012

Play dough & Meeples

So, we had a fun family afternoon on friday. Van surprised us and came home early from work. I was just getting out of the shower with Daphne, so I was a little more scared than surprised at first to see a man in my house that I wasn't expecting! I had made some sugar cookie dough for Van's board game night with the guys and decided to use the meeple shaped cookie cutter that I'd made for him for Christmas to cut out the cookies. I found a tutorial to make the cookie cutter here.


While the dough was chilling we also made our first batch of homemade play dough. Daphne got a taste of play dough at Grandma and Grandpa's house over Christmas and LOVED it. She enjoys it far more than coloring and can play with it for long periods of time. It was a fun afternoon. The play dough turned out great and I really liked that I could make one large batch and then mix in 4 different colors rather than making a separate batch for each color. You can find the recipe here.


The cookies were a new recipe I found on pinterest and not very good in my opinion (although the cookie recipe claims to be "world famous"), so I won't post a link to that one. It was a super fun family afternoon. Here's to more meeple and play dough days.

2 comments:

  1. Your little Daphne is Gorgeous! What beautiful blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest ever little blondie! I would say "carpe diem," but I guess that's uncool now :P Wish we could have dropped in on your fun day! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete