Saturday, July 6, 2013

Adventures in Quilting

It's finally finished!  This quilt is my brother Pete's Christmas present........from last Christmas.  I've been working on it since November 2012 and it has finally made it's way to it's final destination.  With packing up and moving several states away, a graduation, the birth of our 2nd baby, Christmas, and settling in here in California, it was a slow process, but I'm so happy with the final product.  I hand dyed the fabric in my washing machine and did an ombre fade.  The backing is a charcoal grey flannel.  Here's to more quilting soon and finishing just a little faster next time!  Merry Christmas Pete! 

4 comments:

  1. It's fabulous Katie! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and design. How fun that you dyed the fabric yourself, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the ombre turned out awesome! Way to go lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! So glad all that work we did in quilt group is turning into more quilts. : ) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete