While we had every naysayer around in Colorado giving us condolences on our move to the LA area and while I was extremely apprehensive about a move just a couple of months before delivering our second baby, everything has turned out better than I ever could've imagined. We absolutely adore it here and it has felt like home since shortly after we arrived. We have ended up in a wonderful community, both church and otherwise, we have made fabulous friends, we live in paradise, and we love it. We love being close to the ocean and have been trying to take advantage of as many trips to the beach as possible with two littles.
We know there are downsides to being here. We miss our Colorado friends desperately, the traffic is HORRIBLE, and we live in a tiny 2 bdrm apartment for almost double what we were paying for our little 3 bdrm home in Colorado, but the benefits definitely outweigh the tough stuff. Here's our tiny space! If I waited until it was clean to take pictures, they'd never get up, so here are some pictures, only 7 months after they were requested.
I have a wonderful group of women that I've gotten to know and who welcomed me in when we arrived, along with quite a few babies born right at the same time as Rowan at church and lots of little friends for Daphne! Van even got invited to join the already establish board game group that meets every other week instead of monthly, like they did in Colorado. He's thrilled (as thrilled as Van gets that is "_ ) It is so nice to know that we've ended up where we're supposed to be and it doesn't hurt that it's perfectly beautiful every day too!
So fun to see your place! And I am so happy that Cali feels like home. Sounds like your ward etc. is really great. What a blessing! Thanks for trying to catch up on your life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! So many of our Colorado friends have moved to new homes and it's nice getting updates from our friends. :) Thanks for making me look bad for not posting pictures - it's been 8 months for you, almost 18 for us!
ReplyDeleteWe miss seeing you guys - maybe we need to plan a beach vacation!